Waseda Shochiku 早稲田松竹 (map) is an enjoyable movie theater close to Takadanobaba Station on the Yamanote Line and Nishi-Waseda Station on the Fukutoshin Line.
The theater specilizes in independent and foreign cinema, both contemporary and classic. Here are some current and upcoming offerings:
- Masculin feminin 男性・女性 （1965 France | Sweden; Director: Jean-Luc Godard )
- Vivre sa vie 女と男のいる舗道 （1962 France; Director: Jean-Luc Godard )
- Kishibe no tabi 岸辺の旅 （2015 Japan | France; Director: Kiyoshi Kurosawa 黒沢清 )
- Koibitotachi 恋人たち恋人たち 橋口亮輔 （2015 Japan; Director: Ryosuke Hashiguchi
Tickets are 1,300 yen for adults, and all paired films are DOUBLE BILLS: your ticket admits you to BOTH films on the bill.
If you show up for just the last movie of the day, the tickets cost 800 yen.
- Japanese films mentioned on thetokyofiles.com
- Ofuna Garden City: “New Kamakura” and the “Hollywood of the East” 大船田園都市と「東洋のハリウッド」